Vshell install help

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Technospyder

Vshell install help

Post by Technospyder »

Howdy, I am a Linux newbie and I have gotten Nagios Core running on Ubuntu 11.04 and I would like to install vshell but so far no luck. I have gone through the installation process as with the instructions,

wget vshell download
tar zxf vshell.tar.gz
cd vshell
mkdir /usr/local/vshell
cp -r * /usr/local/vshell

Now I am struggling with the next part, the configuration. Basically, how to set up your apache configuration, modify the contents of the vshell.conf file to match the directory structure of your distribution and your installation of Nagios. Use a text editor to modify this file as needed, then copy this file to the same directory as your nagios.conf file.

I have gone through the basic quickstart installation from the website for Nagios Core along with the Plugin and Vshell. I checked the conf file for vshell and it looks corrected but I am getting 'Not Found, the request for URL /vshell was not found on this server'. Not sure what to do from here and how to get it up and running.

If anyone has any advice on how to get it working, I would appreciate any assistance or help you can offer from tips to how to have your vshell.conf setup.
tonyyarusso

Re: Vshell install help

Post by tonyyarusso »

On Ubuntu, you will want to create the .conf file as /etc/apache2/sites-available/vshell, then when you are done editing it to suit your needs run 'sudo a2ensite vshell', and restart Apache.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/