nagios satellite (ndo) with intermittent connection

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
giubal

nagios satellite (ndo) with intermittent connection

Post by giubal »

Hello,
I installed a central nagios server and about 15 satellite. The main interface is centreon and the Database is located in HQ.
My problem is related to those sites that have an intermittent connection or are connected on demand.
Locally to remote site no one feel the problem, but into central nagios I have false positive and the data from the remote site
are not synchronized.

I'm a newbie about nagios & centreon (I come from HP and CA enviroment) so I have trouble to find an right solution, I was thinking about two
workaround:

1. install a local mysql in every remote nagios with problematic connection and synchronize data as soon as the connection goes up.
2. send notification from remote nagios via e-mail to a specific mailbox, into central nagios a daemon reads every mail that comes to this mailbox and
update the status make as if the remote nagios is connected.

For sure exist a solution more easy but I'm not able to find it. Anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advanced