How can I do check per 1 second

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Postby runmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:18 am

I have install nagios and write a shell to check something.
I changed interval_length in nagios.cfg, interval_length=1, and set normal_check_interval=1 in services config file. The shell do nothing besides to write the time when it was executed to a file.
I expected that the interval is one second,but in fact the interval is ten second.
According to my expriments, Any normal_check_interval value less then 10 have no effect to real executive frequency, the nagios will execute the shell per 10 seconds. When normal_check_interval is setted to more then 10,such as 13, the nagios will execute the shell per 13 seconds.
runmouse

Re: How can I do check per 1 second

Postby mguthrie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Not sure you would want to. The most you'll ever be able to monitor is about 20-40 services depending on your CPU power. A single Core CPU tanks at about 20 checks per second, just an FYI.
mguthrie

Return to Nagios Core