change the status of a given service

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
elior.s

change the status of a given service

Post by elior.s »

Hello,

My question is how i can change the status of a given service ?
I working with Nagios several years, at the past year we start to work without NSCA, so all out monitors are active and not passive.
The problem become after we start work with time periods which is not 24X7, and the services stay critical\Waring when is out of time period.

Regards
agriffin

Re: change the status of a given service

Post by agriffin »

It's not usually a good idea to change the status of a service. Instead, I would recommend scheduling downtime or acknowledging hosts and services that are down. This will tell Nagios not to worry about it and stop sending notifications for a while. If the downtime happens at regular intervals, you can schedule recurring downtime in Nagios XI. You'll need to buy a license to use XI with large installations, but it makes configuration much simpler. Otherwise, you can achieve something similar in Nagios Core using cron jobs & shell scripts. This page of the Nagios Core documentation will be very helpful if you choose to go that route.