Distributed Server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rctanaman

Distributed Server

Post by rctanaman »

Hi Guys,

I want to set up a central server. We currently have 2 Nagios core monitoring in 2 different site which is up and running and I want them to be a distributed server. However they both have a web interface. Can I still set up them as a distributed server and send passive checks to a central server even if they have a web interface?
mguthrie

Re: Distributed Server

Post by mguthrie »

Sure can. It all just depends on how you want to forward the results. You can use something like DNX to distribute the checks themselves to slave machines, or you could define an event handler that forwards the results on state changes, or you can just have every passive check being sent to the central server. The web interface is runs separately from the monitoring engine underneath.
rctanaman

Post by rctanaman »

mguthrie wrote:Sure can. It all just depends on how you want to forward the results. You can use something like DNX to distribute the checks themselves to slave machines, or you could define an event handler that forwards the results on state changes, or you can just have every passive check being sent to the central server. The web interface is runs separately from the monitoring engine underneath.

Thank you very much...... I will now try to set up the central server...
rctanaman

Post by rctanaman »

Thank you very much.. It really help a lot...
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

You bet!