Notifications with Exchange

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Notifications with Exchange

Postby systemsman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Guys

I am pretty new to using Nagios and Linux in general.

I found some guides on how to configure it to monitor windows server and am very impressed with it.

The one thing i just cannot seem to get working in the email notifications. Is there anybody out there who can help e.g. with a step by step guide. i am aware of postfix and send mail but just cant seem to get my head round the configuration.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

R
systemsman

Re: Notifications with Exchange

Postby agriffin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm

If your company uses an SMTP server you can look into sending mail with SMTP instead. I recommend msmtp. I think you'll find the documentation and configuration much more manageable than postfix. Otherwise you will probably need to go through the pain of learning postfix.
agriffin

Return to Nagios Core