NRPE how to monitor all hard drives

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
araiot

NRPE how to monitor all hard drives

Post by araiot »

Hi, I'm new to Nagios.

I have a config file that work on 5 servers appropriately, so i copied that conf file and started to monitor a new win server. the issue that i have new is that its not monitoring all hard drives on that new host and its not monitoring the memory(RAM).
It is monitoring c drive and CPU.

[External Alias]
alias_cpu=checkCPU warn=80 crit=90 time=5m time=1m time=30s
alias_cpu_ex=checkCPU warn=$ARG1$ crit=$ARG2$ time=5m time=1m time=30s
alias_disk=CheckDriveSize MinWarn=25% MinCrit=15% CheckAll FilterType=FIXED
alias_service=checkServiceState CheckAll
alias_process=checkProcState $ARG1$=started
alias_mem=checkMem MaxWarn=80% MaxCrit=90% ShowAll type=physical
alias_up=checkUpTime MinWarn=1d MinWarn=1h
alias_file_age=checkFile2 filter=out "file=$ARG1$" filter-written=>1d MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 "syntax=%filename% %write%"
alias_file_size=checkFile2 filter=out "file=$ARG1$" filter-size=>$ARG2$ MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 "syntax=%filename% %size%"
alias_file_size_in_dir=checkFile2 filter=out pattern=*.txt "file=$ARG1$" filter-size=>$ARG2$ MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 "syntax=%filename% %size%"
alias_event_log=CheckEventLog file=application file=system filter=new filter=out MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 filter-generated=>2d filter-severity==success filter-severity==informational truncate=1023 unique descriptions "syntax=%severity%: %source%: %message% (%count%)"
alias_event_log2=CheckEventLog file=application file=system filter=new filter=in MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 filter+generated=<2d "filter+eventSource==Service Control Manager" filter+severity==error truncate=1023 unique descriptions "syntax=%severity%: %source%: %message% (%count%)"
check_ok=CheckOK Everything is fine!

what am i missing
agriffin

Re: NRPE how to monitor all hard drives

Post by agriffin »

It's hard to know what's wrong without more information. What exactly have you done so far? Make sure that you copied NSC.ini to each new Windows box, that you copied your host and service definitions on your Nagios server and updated them for each new host, and that you updated your allowed hosts everywhere. It would be helpful if you could post some more relevant snippets of your configuration, like your service definitions in Nagios.
araiot

Post by araiot »

Thanks for your reply

i found that the description was wrong and it was actually monitoring all drives.
i am so new... :)
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

Glad I could help!