nagios core - webpage cannot be found

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
wardd

nagios core - webpage cannot be found

Post by wardd »

After installing Nagios onto a CentOS 5.6 box following the quick install guide I am getting a message that the webpage cannot be found when I go to http://server/nagios. I don't know where I need to look or what I need to do to correct this issue. I have followed the instructions to the tee and I don't know where else to turn. I have attempted this install several times and I keep getting the same results. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
agriffin

Re: nagios core - webpage cannot be found

Post by agriffin »

Have you configured your firewall to allow connections to port 80?
wardd

Post by wardd »

agriffin wrote:Have you configured your firewall to allow connections to port 80?
I have.......I have go so far as to disable the firewall all together.

I have tried the reinstall again and I am now getting a different issue. Now I am getting a message that The requested URL /nagios/< was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at SERVERNAME Port 80

the "/nagios/<" is throwing me for a loop. I looks like I have an extra charater somewhere.
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

Which quick install guide did you follow? As far as I can tell there is no CentOS quick install guide.
wardd

Post by wardd »

I was able to figure it out. ISPCONFIG was interfering with the nagios webpage being brought up.

Thanks