Nagios 3.3.1 - Home page - 500 Internal Server Error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Lee-TIC

Nagios 3.3.1 - Home page - 500 Internal Server Error

Post by Lee-TIC »

Hello All,

I just upgraded my Nagios 3.2.3 to 3.3.1. After the install however, the home.php page will not display. When loading Nagios I see the side bar and all other pages appear to work except the home.php.

If I donwgrade to 3.2.3 everything works, but as soon as I re-apply 3.3.1, the home.php page breaks.

Has anyone experienced this as well or have any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks in advance!
agriffin

Re: Nagios 3.3.1 - Home page - 500 Internal Server Error

Post by agriffin »

There shouldn't even be a home.php in either version. You probably mean index.php or main.php. It may be caused by the new RSS feeds that are fetched and displayed on that page. In any case, 3.3.1 is a development version and not guaranteed to be stable.
Lee-TIC

Post by Lee-TIC »

I am sorry. You are correct. I did mean main.php not home. The index.php loads fine as I can see the left side bar. When I access the index.php (or main.php directly) is when I am seeing this issue.

Thanks for your response.
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

I've opened a related bug report here that you may want to keep an eye on.
Lee-TIC

Post by Lee-TIC »

Thanks I will keep on eye on it.
Master_Chief_Jon

Post by Master_Chief_Jon »

I just upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.3.1 on my Nagios test system, and I had a make error when compiling. In addition, the main.php page would not display. I looked in the apache2 error_log (/var/log/apache2) and found that there were class files missing from the folder <nagios_install_dir>/share/includes/rss/extlib. In addition, the other 2 directories that should have been created under includes/rss were not created. That generated the error I saw in the make install results. I simply manually created the 3 missing directories, and copied the files from the /tmp directory where I extracted them, set the permissions on all of these files to 664 and owner/group to nagios/nagios. A quick nagios service restart and it was working.
P.S., I did not like the Exfoliation UI, so I went back and ran make install-classicui and restarted the nagios service to get back to the old look & feel.