Few Nagios (Centreon) Questions and my intorduction

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Danhandy

Few Nagios (Centreon) Questions and my intorduction

Post by Danhandy »

Hello

Firstly I would like to introduce myself, my name is Daniel and I work as a Data Centre Technician in a ‘Data Solutions’ organisation.

I recently installed FAN 2.0 onto a VM and configured it; I use the box to monitor all networking equipment in our Data Centre using PING and SNMP. I have successfully got AD authentication working which is brilliant but this leads me to my first question.

I assume at the moment all AD usernames and passwords are sent to the AD using plain text over HTTP, I would like to encrypt the Active Directory credentials.

This is how I understand it

Client(Hitting http://IPADDRESS/)
|
|
|
At the moment credentials are been sent over HTTP, I would like credentials to be sent over HTTPS, is this possible?
|
|
|
Nagios VM(FAN 2.0 - Nagios/centreon/Nagvis etc)
|
|
|
Again I assume Nagios sends credentials in plain text to the AD, could they be sent using SSL?
|
|
|
Active directory

Another requirement is to add other objects for other departments into the system, for example my department is only interested in networking kit, server management are only interested in servers and helpdesk are only interested in client PCs. Is there a way to use the same system but split it up, so within the monitoring tap, one browser displays all the networking kit, a different browser displayed all servers etc.

Another requirement is to use sound alerts, I know Nagvis supports sound alerts but does centreon?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.
mmestnik

Re: Few Nagios (Centreon) Questions and my intorduction

Post by mmestnik »

Sorry wrong forum, we do the NagiosXI thing here.