Why nagios stop work when i try "send custom notification"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Jessuzz94

Why nagios stop work when i try "send custom notification"

Post by Jessuzz94 »

In the web interface, when i try to send a custom notification in one host or service, in the server shows me a selinux report, and then i cant access to any menu of nagios web. The report that trhow selinux is this:
Attachments
selinux.png
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Why nagios stop work when i try "send custom notificatio

Post by jdalrymple »

While it's not expressly stated in our core documentation, it is in our NagiosXI documentation. Nagios doesn't play well with selinux. If you can disable it I suggest it. Otherwise you may as well familiarize yourself today with debugging selinux related problems and writing selinux policies to get around them. Since Nagios does a lot of "out of context" work by its nature it causes selinux to raise flags as part of its normal routine.

Nagios suggests you disable selinux, and this will solve your problem.

This is for CentOS 5 but applies to current versions as well: https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/ ... sable.html
Jessuzz94

Post by Jessuzz94 »

the enforcing mode of selinux is on permissive, i need to put it on disable?, if i put selinux in disable enforcing mode what is the problem that i can get from centos?
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Post by jdalrymple »

Jessuzz94 wrote:if i put selinux in disable enforcing mode what is the problem that i can get from centos?
Instead of things not working, things will work.

I'm absolutely a security advocate, but this article's comments and how the author is chastised well reflects my personal opinion of how well selinux is able to bring security to the masses:

https://major.io/2013/04/15/seriously-s ... g-selinux/

Here at Nagios, our advice for your Nagios systems is to secure the system using general security constructs such as strong passwords and good firewall practices (inside and outside the system) and disable selinux.
Jessuzz94

Post by Jessuzz94 »

I think that disabled selinux repaired some problems :D, can look this trhead, Thanks!