i disabled all notificatiosn but it still go on sending them

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cronist

i disabled all notificatiosn but it still go on sending them

Post by cronist »

i use nagios core 4.0.8
on centos 7.0 x64 with 3.10.... kernel

i have been using nagios more then 10 years.
but on one of my new installations, i found that nagios core is not stable.

i mean,
i disabled all notifications in nagios.cfg but it still goes on to send them.

and also i figure out that,

my hosts, that unders a few groups sometimes disappers, then comes back.
during the disappearing period all my host groups are empty. and also the service groups too.

what is your advice to solve this.

thanks...
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: i disabled all notificatiosn but it still go on sending

Post by jdalrymple »

cronist wrote:i disabled all notifications in nagios.cfg
How are you notifying, are you for sure using your notification commands or are you using event handlers or some such? I've never seen notifications disabled in nagios.cfg not be honored. Are you loading the proper nagios.cfg? Are you stopping and starting Nagios properly (there is some funkiness with systemd). How many Nagios daemons do you have running? Any number of weird issues could be causing this - but I wouldn't call it the fault of Nagios nor CentOS7.
cronist wrote:my hosts, that unders a few groups sometimes disappers, then comes back.
during the disappearing period all my host groups are empty. and also the service groups too.

what is your advice to solve this.
I have been using Core 4.x in CentOS7 in both production and test environments for over a year now, it's stable. I truly think you're having issues with systemd and multiple Nagios Core processes running.