Nagios reloading all configuration from scratch

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nerdgz

Nagios reloading all configuration from scratch

Post by nerdgz »

Hello Everyone,

After adding some host my Nagios crashed and delete the history and started again, so all the check were as status "pending".

I am using Nagios core version 3.4.1 and i am monitoring around 2.100 host and 20.000 checks.

The OS i am using is Linux Nagios-Master 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u3 i686 GNU/Linux.

I have several Nagios Sub servers that are sending the data to the Nagios Master via NSCA.

I couldn't find any error on my Nagios Master that could tell me whats happened there... i just added 20 hosts more and seems that Nagios Master couldn't handle it.. however there is no limitation for monitoring host with Nagios...

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Thank you in advance.
hsmith
Agent Smith

Re: Nagios reloading all configuration from scratch

Post by hsmith »

nerdgz wrote:Hello Everyone,

After adding some host my Nagios crashed and delete the history and started again, so all the check were as status "pending".

I am using Nagios core version 3.4.1 and i am monitoring around 2.100 host and 20.000 checks.

The OS i am using is Linux Nagios-Master 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u3 i686 GNU/Linux.

I have several Nagios Sub servers that are sending the data to the Nagios Master via NSCA.

I couldn't find any error on my Nagios Master that could tell me whats happened there... i just added 20 hosts more and seems that Nagios Master couldn't handle it.. however there is no limitation for monitoring host with Nagios...

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Thank you in advance.
There is no "limitation" within Nagios, what it is going to boil down to is hardware, what are your server specs like?
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
nerdgz

Post by nerdgz »

Hi,

It is a virtual server with 4 CPU's and 4 GB memory. I think with this hardware should be enough. This is the Master and only receive the data from the Nagios sub servers..
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

nerdgz wrote:Hi,

It is a virtual server with 4 CPU's and 4 GB memory. I think with this hardware should be enough. This is the Master and only receive the data from the Nagios sub servers..
Is updating to 4.0.8 something that is realistic? There have been a lot of performance increases since then. My other piece of advice would be to bump the RAM up some to see if that fixes anything, but updating core is my first suggestion. Make sure you take a snapshot first, of course.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
nerdgz

Post by nerdgz »

Hello Everyone,

I could found out that it was I/O performance problems... since last time (a month ago) there was no problem with NAgios....

I could assume was that I/O thing...

I didn't change anything on the OS so, anyway planning to upgrade Nagios and server too....

Thanks for your time.

Issue can be closed
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

Glad to hear you have this one working. I am going to go ahead and close this one.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.