Blank "Home" page under "General".

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Blank "Home" page under "General".

Postby cvaz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 am

Hi, after upgrade from Nagios core 3.2.3 to 3.3.1 the "Home" page under "General" is blank in Chrome. In IE 9 it returns HTTP error 500. Other pages display o.k. I´ve cleaned IE and Chrome cache files and cookies.

Tks,

Carlos Vaz.
cvaz

Re: Blank "Home" page under "General".

Postby crfriend » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 am

Have you checked the HTTP daemon's logs for errors? A 500-series error is a serious server-side event that ought to have been logged with enough information to assist with troubleshooting. I'm very surprised that Chrome didn't report that accurately!
crfriend

Postby cvaz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:52 am

Hi, the error is:

[Fri Sep 23 11:54:07 2011] [error] [client 172.21.3.69] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './includes/rss/extlib/Snoopy.class.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/nagios/share/includes/rss/rss_fetch.inc on line 35, referer: http://172.21.3.17/nagios/side.php

Tks,

Carlos Vaz.
cvaz

Postby crfriend » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:59 pm

cvaz wrote:[Fri Sep 23 11:54:07 2011] [error] [client 172.21.3.69] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './includes/rss/extlib/Snoopy.class.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/nagios/share/includes/rss/rss_fetch.inc on line 35, referer: http://172.21.3.17/nagios/side.php

Have you checked to see if "Snoopy.class.inc" is actually present in the place that the webserver thinks it should be? If memory serves, that is one of the directories that the standard installation can goof up on and not perform properly. I think I had to perform that portion of the install manually using the templates produced in the build area.

Just make sure that you have the /usr/local/nagios/share/includes/rss/extlib directory present. If it's not there, create it and put "Snoopy.class.inc" into it from wherever you find it in your build hierarchy.
crfriend

Return to Nagios Core