NSClient++ and check_nt

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
z_diver

NSClient++ and check_nt

Post by z_diver »

First Post: I have Core 4.1.1 installed on Ubuntu. This is working well but no luck monitoring Windows boxes. I installed Nsclient++ on the windows 7 box in question with a few of the recommended modules enabled in the nscp.ini file but I can't get netstat -a to see port 12489 listening. If I turn off the Windows 7 firewall then Nagios sees the server, Ping probably works then, but all other services show up as not found still. What would be the trigger for nscp service to open 12489? TIA
rkennedy

Re: NSClient++ and check_nt

Post by rkennedy »

If I turn off the Windows 7 firewall then Nagios sees the server,
Can you allow the port through the firewall?

Also, what do you mean by 'all other services show up as not found still' - can you post a screenshot?
Former Nagios Employee
z_diver

Post by z_diver »

I decided to install a newer version of NSCP going with nightly build .5.0.16. I ran the .msi installer with the exact same settings enabled as many times before but with this version immediately was able to telnet to port 5666 from the nagios server after the client had finished installing on Windows 7. I then saw that it still came up as down on nagios so I edited the firewall to allow "file and printer sharing". That allows Nagios to see the host as up but still can't see check_nt or check_nrpe services. I uploaded a screenshot of the services not showing up. Thanks again.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2015-11-25 23-27-20.png
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Can you please post your nsclient.ini file here in a code block.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.