How to install check_mysql_health plugin in nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
prak86

How to install check_mysql_health plugin in nagios

Post by prak86 »

Hi,

I am trying to install check_mysql_health plugin in nagios to check mysql database using nagios.

Can anyone know the link for detailed description with steps to be followed to install and check this plugins working fine.......
mmestnik

Re: How to install check_mysql_health plugin in nagios

Post by mmestnik »

Your best bet is to have Google translate http://labs.consol.de/lang/de/nagios/ch ... ql_health/ for you, the 'en' page is identical as far as I can tell.

For these configurations you will have to discover what works best for you. You can always go with the default even in cases where you know that you will need to make alterations. You can also make adjustments to start with and then continue to tweak them as you collect more data.

The choice is yours.

As far as if it's operating correctly, you should be able to tell after a number of checks. Make sure the reported value for each monitored data-point fluctuates. Some data-points should always remain at zero, for some of these it would be trivial to increment the counter, however there are some points where it would be nearly impossible(ever try and increment the frame or carrier counter on a network interface?)

You will just have to make your own assessment on the actions to take for your environment.

I suggest always sticking with the defaults and make alterations as needed. I also point out that if you are getting data, even if that data is always 0, then it's likely things are working as intended.