Question about newer installations

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Dustrider

Question about newer installations

Post by Dustrider »

Hi,
I'm currently running an older version of 2.9 Nagios and i just installed the new 3.3.1 and when i go to host details and press F5 to refresh the page it takes me back to the home page. In the 2.9 version it would only refresh the host details page. This also happens if i'm looking at the services as well and press F5 the screen will go back to the http://server/nagios home page.

Is there a way to turn this off because it's sort of a pain to keep going back into the page all the time lol.

thanks in advance.
jsmurphy

Re: Question about newer installations

Post by jsmurphy »

I noticed the same thing but never really found a solution, though I never looked too hard... I just started clicking the links to refresh instead.
GaWd

Post by GaWd »

It's a real annoyance. I find that right-click-->reload frame is the best option.
Dustrider

Post by Dustrider »

So it's something to do with how they got the frames setup?

I wonder if changing the theme will resolve this. Once i get time to mess with it i'll try that and update this thread if it works so others can find a resolution to it. Would also be nice if someone or even support would look at the post and make a suggestion.

thanks.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

In the cgi.cfg file you can change the refresh_rate from the default of 90 to whatever setting you need to keep the data current. I do see what you mean in that when you hit refresh it reloads to the home page. It is an issue with using frames unfortunately.
crfriend

Post by crfriend »

mguthrie wrote:I do see what you mean in that when you hit refresh it reloads to the home page. It is an issue with using frames unfortunately.
Worse, it's browser-specific. The way different browsers handle things varies: for instance, in IE a right-click and "refresh" in the status frame does what one would expect -- it doesn't in the Apple browser I was using today; that one went back to the "home page" for the Nagios install. In this case, one will just need to get used to how his preferred browser behaves.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Thanks for the heads up on that, I spend most of my time in FF, so I hadn't seen that.
mikeyred

Post by mikeyred »

thanks for the info