Nagios & Windows Servers

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cterry195

Nagios & Windows Servers

Post by cterry195 »

I've installed Nagios 3.2.3 on Ubuntu 10.4 which went fairly smooth. I'm testing with 3 or 4 windows servers and installed the client on those servers and made changes to the *.cfg files on the nagios server. My problem is that most of the services on the console display a "Unknown" status. I've tried running the lodctr /R command and only have the minimum enabled in the nsc.ini file on the server. What could I be missing?
jsmurphy

Re: Nagios & Windows Servers

Post by jsmurphy »

There could be a number of reasons, what does the description say for the unknown status?

A list of things to check:
1. There's no firewall (or there is a properly configured firewall, 12489 and 5666 open) between Nagios and the host
2. The passphrase in the Nagios check_nt command and nsc.ini match
3. Make sure that your Nagios server IP is in the list of allowed hosts in the nsc.ini file
cterry195

Post by cterry195 »

For example, under the Status Information some of the servers just say "Usage:" and under the Status column it says "Unknown". What's interesting is that I can run the commands from the nagios server and it will retrieve the information and display it on the command line but its not showing in the web console.
chakik

Post by chakik »

Hi,
I have the same problem and tested the suggestions given in the post #2 here.. but cannot find a solution. Please help.

-Fadi
I'm doing some web developments to have some pocket money. Credit Consommation | Credit En ligne Rapide | Pret Travaux Maison | Credit Rapide Sans Justificatif | Pret Personnel
jsmurphy

Post by jsmurphy »

Are you able to post the command and service definitions from the config files of the checks you are running?.. it may also help knowing what is in the main config section of the NSC.ini