Question relating scheduling downtime

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Herazio

Question relating scheduling downtime

Post by Herazio »

Dear all

I'm new to the boards, and quite frankly also new to Nagios. I've used it before back whenever I was in college and it thought me the magic of pro-active monitoring. Thank god for that!

Now I seem to be having a problem. At my firm we have a couple of servers that restart itself daily, this is however a "scheduled downtime". Now the problem that I seem to be having is that Nagios can schedule downtime, but only for 1 occasion as far as I know.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to have a dynamic downtime scheduled for let's say each day at 7:30 till 7:35 or so? It would be handy because otherwise the notifications will just barge into our mailboxes.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards
GaWd

Re: Question relating scheduling downtime

Post by GaWd »

Our answer was to define a custom time period for boxes with specific reboot schedules.

If you know box A will reboot at 2100 on MWF, and will take approximately 30 minutes to get all services up 100%, then you use timeperiods to define it.
Herazio

Re: Question relating scheduling downtime

Post by Herazio »

GaWd wrote:Our answer was to define a custom time period for boxes with specific reboot schedules.

If you know box A will reboot at 2100 on MWF, and will take approximately 30 minutes to get all services up 100%, then you use timeperiods to define it.
Hi GaWd

Splendid ! I just found out how those work ^^. It works perfectly for our needs !

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day !