how can monitor MQ with nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Box293
Too Basu

Re: how can monitor MQ with nagios

Post by Box293 »

Try this updated ini file, it allows special characters.
nsclient.ini
(15.23 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
baber

Post by baber »

thanks

that is now ok (attached pic) but i have a problem now i have attached a picture from channels and quee manager of my MQ server now here how can i see the status of each channels for example from 8 channel ( 2 Queue Manager ) that i have which of them is stop or run or inactive or ....... ? this is important we have to see status of each channel seprate

Best regards
Babak
Attachments
que2.jpg
que1.jpg
pic.jpg
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

Your best bet at this point is going to be to look at the page/documentation for the plugin. We do not run this software, and unless I'm wrong, I am not sure that any of us are versed in it. We can help you with the Nagios side of things, but when it comes to configuration of something as specific as that you may have to do some testing yourself.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
baber

Post by baber »

Thanks but i read many document about that and here there are many plugins are for do this job

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... /Websphere

But in most of document just say you can monitor all of channels and ... But nothing say about confoguration

For example i speak with author of this plugin

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... ws/details

He said me for monitoring your channels status first copy .vbd file in script folder and add this 4 lines to nsclient++.ini file

check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CMSREQ.TO.KBID
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSREQ
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CMSRES.TO.KBID
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSRES

But he don't know what do i have to add on command.cfg and chakavak.cfg file on nagios server

Can you help me

Now please help me

So thanks
Last edited by baber on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

baber wrote:But in most of document just say you can monitor all of channels and ... But nothing say about confoguration
Maybe look at this one. It even comes with an example configuration. https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... in/details.

We do not have MQ set up here, and these plugins were not wrote by us, so it's a little hard to reproduce on our end. Please let me know if the plugin I linked above is any help.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
baber

Post by baber »

baber wrote:Thanks but i read many document about that and here there are many plugins are for do this job

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... /Websphere

But in most of document just say you can monitor all of channels and ... But nothing say about confoguration

For example i speak with author of this plugin

He said me for monitoring your channels status first copy .vbs file in script folder and add this 4 lines to nsclient++.ini file

check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CMSREQ.TO.KBID
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSREQ
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CMSRES.TO.KBID
check_msmq=cscript /nologo scriptscheck_mqcanal.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSRES

But he don't know what do i have to add on command.cfg and chakavak.cfg file on nagios server

Can you help me

Now please help me

So thanks
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

Are those scripts returning the data that you want on the machine? If they are, the we can work at helping you get them working in Nagios.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
baber

Post by baber »

I said just add these lines to nsclient+.ini i dont know what do i have to add to commands.cfg and windows or server.cfg

On nagios server I have to add lines on nagios fo get output

Yesterday one of your professional user Box293 help me with edit nsclient++.ini file could get ok on nagios monitoring for mq but i need to see status of each channel in nagios i am sure nagios can do this job but realy could not find

Previously said speak with author of this plugin

See the description exactly that i want it can support staus of ibmwebspher mq channel

He said me download .vbs file put in script folder and add these 4 lines to nsclient++.ini file

For monitor status of 4 channel but he don't know about configs on nagios server

Plese help me for solve problem

This is so important for me

So thanks
Best regards
Last edited by baber on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

I want to make sure that the .vbs files are producing the correct information before we add them to the Nagios configuration. I can help you with that. What I can't help you with is telling you whether or not the instructions that author gave you work for your environment. Please verify whether or not those scripts are giving you the information you need.
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
baber

Post by baber »

Excuseme i don't know how can chk .vbs script without nagios how can chk that ?

Just run these command he say add in nsclient++.ini in cmd?

So thanks
Best regards