how can monitor MQ with nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rkennedy

Re: how can monitor MQ with nagios

Post by rkennedy »

I believe what @hsmith was talking about, is to run the vb script on windows over command prompt to make sure this is the result you're looking for.
Former Nagios Employee
baber

Post by baber »

t
Last edited by baber on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

See this here in your nsclient.ini file:

Code: Select all

[/settings/external scripts/scripts]
check_msmq = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs $ARG1$
Instead of "C:\Program Files\NSClient++\scripts\check_mqstatuschannel.vbs" all you need is scripts\\check_msmq.vbs and pay special attention to the double \\

See this here:
check_msmq =

Thats the name of the command you are calling. You could code in all eight commands separately:

[/settings/external scripts/scripts]
check_msmq_1 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CHKBID.INTERNALS
check_msmq_2 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CMSREQ.TO.KBID
check_msmq_3 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.REQUEST.CHL
check_msmq_4 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSREQ
check_msmq_5 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CHKBID.INTERNALS
check_msmq_6 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CMSRES.TO.KBID
check_msmq_7 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.RESPONSE.CHL
check_msmq_8 = cscript.exe //T:30 //NoLogo scripts\\check_msmq.vbs KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSRES
Then restart the NSClient++ service.

Make your command this:

define command {
command_name check_nrpe
command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666 -t 30 -c $ARG1$
}
Make your services this:

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CHKBID.INTERNALS
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_1
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER CMSREQ.TO.KBID
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_2
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.REQUEST.CHL
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_3
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.REQUEST.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSREQ
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_4
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CHKBID.INTERNALS
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_5
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER CMSRES.TO.KBID
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_6
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.RESPONSE.CHL
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_7
} 

define service{
use 			generic-service
host_name 		Chakavak
service_description 	KBID.RESPONSE.MANAGER KBID.TO.CMSRES
process_perf_data 1
check_command 		check_nrpe!check_msmq_8
} 
Then restart Nagios.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
baber

Post by baber »

so thanks from you i will be check and say result

now i want to know if i want change the time of chk service in nagios for example if i want to say nagios every 3min chk my MQ service status

i found a template.cfg file with this contains

# Generic service definition template - This is NOT a real service, just a template!

define service{
        name                            generic-service         ; The 'name' of this service template
        active_checks_enabled           1                       ; Active service checks are enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1                       ; Passive service checks are enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1                       ; Active service checks should be parallelized (disabling this can lead to major performance problems)
        obsess_over_service             1                       ; We should obsess over this service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0                       ; Default is to NOT check service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1                       ; Service notifications are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1                       ; Service event handler is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1                       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1                       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1                       ; Retain status information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1                       ; Retain non-status information across program restarts
        is_volatile                     0                       ; The service is not volatile
        check_period                    24x7                    ; The service can be checked at any time of the day
        max_check_attempts              3                       ; Re-check the service up to 3 times in order to determine its final (hard) state
        normal_check_interval           10                      ; Check the service every 10 minutes under normal conditions
        retry_check_interval            2                       ; Re-check the service every two minutes until a hard state can be determined
        contact_groups                  admins                  ; Notifications get sent out to everyone in the 'admins' group
        notification_options            w,u,c,r                 ; Send notifications about warning, unknown, critical, and recovery events
        notification_interval           60                      ; Re-notify about service problems every hour
        notification_period             24x7                    ; Notifications can be sent out at any time
         register                        0                      ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

# Local service definition template - This is NOT a real service, just a template!

define service{
        name                            local-service           ; The name of this service template
        use                             generic-service         ; Inherit default values from the generic-service definition
        max_check_attempts              4                       ; Re-check the service up to 4 times in order to determine its final (hard) state
        normal_check_interval           5                       ; Check the service every 5 minutes under normal conditions
        retry_check_interval            1                       ; Re-check the service every minute until a hard state can be determined
        register                        0                       ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

now

1 - if i want to say nagios chk my MQ service every 3min what do i have to do ?
2- how can add a dashbord for example when login with user1 just see MQ ( chakavak) status ?

Best regards
Babak
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Change the normal_check_interval from 10 to 3. This will have it check every 3 minutes.
Former Nagios Employee
baber

Post by baber »

thanks

but i want just say Chakavak chk every 3min other service chk 10min

and the other question

how can send sms nagios alaram (when one of my service down) ? can nagios do this ?

i have a sms server how can i say nagios send my alarm to sms server (from a tcp port) and sms server send alaram to my mobile
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

but i want just say Chakavak chk every 3min other service chk 10min
Can you please clarify on this?
how can send sms nagios alaram (when one of my service down) ? can nagios do this ?
Does your SMS server have an API that you can build a script to work with?
Former Nagios Employee
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

baber wrote:but i want just say Chakavak chk every 3min other service chk 10min
You can specify it on the individual services.
baber wrote:how can send sms nagios alaram (when one of my service down) ? can nagios do this ?
Yes, you can write a command that sends it to your SMS server. Here's a good example: http://www.unixmen.com/send-nagios-aler ... using-sms/
baber wrote: (from a tcp port) and sms server
How do you send messages to your server normally? What kind of server is it?
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
baber

Post by baber »

forget sms

i want nagios send my notification such as txt string to a server with define tcp socket

Best regards
Babak
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

So you do not want SMS alerts anymore? Generally, notifications are what core will send out.

You should be able to create a script, and define a custom command for it. You can reference the variables similar to how our notify-host-by-email command goes out.

define command {
       command_name                             notify-host-by-email
       command_line                             /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios Monitor XI Alert *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
}
So, for your command definition you would need to create something similar to this -

define command {
       command_name                             notify-host-by-tcp
       command_line                             /usr/local/nagios/libexec/yourscript $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ $HOSTNAME$ $HOSTSTATE$ $HOSTADDRESS$ $HOSTOUTPUT$ $LONGDATETIME$
}
This should push that information as an input to yourscript. From there, you can send the data however you'd like.
Former Nagios Employee