NSCA stops sending events to Upstream Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
crkmenon

NSCA stops sending events to Upstream Nagios

Post by crkmenon »

I have seen, though not very often, NSCA stops sending events to upstream server. The downstream server (relay server- active checks) is healthy and sends the events consistently, how-ever even though the upstream server(central nagios - passive checks) is healthy and in running state, I do not see it sending events for the event management system(netcool). I end-up restarting the nagios, ndo2db, xinetd and nsca to get this working back.

any ideas what could be the issue ? I am running nagios core 4.0.2 in both upstream and down steam servers

Thank you
Rakesh
tmcdonald

Re: NSCA stops sending events to Upstream Nagios

Post by tmcdonald »

How are you sending the NSCA results? OCSP, event handlers, cron?
Former Nagios employee
crkmenon

Post by crkmenon »

OCSP
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

I end-up restarting the nagios, ndo2db, xinetd and nsca to get this working back.
This tells me that the problem is on your XI host, not your remote data sender. Does that sound like an accurate statement to you?

I ask because the following statement:
I do not see it sending events for the event management system(netcool)
Seems to indicate that the problem is on the end of your sending device.

What I'm asking for is clarification regarding what you've done so far, and which direction we should begin the troubleshooting process (client-side or receiver-side).
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.