Update v1.4.x -> v3.3.1

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ispservices

Update v1.4.x -> v3.3.1

Post by ispservices »

Hi,

I'm updating our old Nagios 1.4.x (yes ancient i know) to v.3.3.1.
However after converting the config files so it works with the 3.3.1 I noticed that I was missing 1 important feature from 1.4 and that is mysql backend support.

Code: Select all

# ./configure --help | grep mysql
--with-mysql-xdata enables use of MySQL database for all external data types except objects
--with-mysql-status enables use of MySQL database for storage of status data
--with-mysql-comments enables use of MySQL database for storage of comment data
--with-mysql-extinfo enables use of MySQL database for storage of extended data
--with-mysql-retention enables use of MySQL database for storage of retention data
--with-mysql-downtime enables use of MySQL database for storage of scheduled downtime data
--with-mysql-lib=DIR sets location of the MySQL client library
--with-mysql-inc=DIR sets location of the MySQL client include files
Sofar i couldn't find this in v2.x or v3.x, was this feature completely removed after 1.4? Is there a new Nagios version out that supports the mysql backend? We build part of our monitoring around the data in the database.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

~Andreas
mguthrie

Re: Update v1.4.x -> v3.3.1

Post by mguthrie »

ndoutils is a DB backend for Nagios. I don't go back as far as 1.4, but I'm guessing the DB support got moved to it's own project as ndoutils.
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Ad ... ls/details
ispservices

Re: Update v1.4.x -> v3.3.1

Post by ispservices »

mguthrie wrote:ndoutils is a DB backend for Nagios. I don't go back as far as 1.4, but I'm guessing the DB support got moved to it's own project as ndoutils.
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Ad ... ls/details
Thanks! Got it working.. now to fix all scripts for the new database layout :D