CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
pradeepanan

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Post by pradeepanan »

Hi All ,

I am running NRPE version 2.7 on Fedora 8 (I know its ancient :/ ) . My master is on 2.15, i am finding difficult to communicate master and system. I have checked nrpe.cfg on remote host where "allowed host" is configured with source IP. Checked firewall aswell. But still getting "CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake".

Is there version compatability issue? I am not sure what else to think. Can someone guide me on this?

Thanks in Advance
Pradeep
bwallace

Re: CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Post by bwallace »

I'm unaware of compatibility issues but since Fedora 8 was released in 2007 you certainly can't rule it out.Try the following (sounds like you've already checked some of these items, but it can't hurt to double check)

1) run through t-shooting doc https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... utions.pdf

2) on the client machine please runnetstat -anp|grep 5666, and on the Nagios machine run nmap ipofclientmachine - post both results back here.
Be sure to check out the Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
pradeepanan

Re: CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

Post by pradeepanan »

Thanks for the response. I resolved it. For some reason that nrpe config doesnt support network address. So i tried specific addresses and it worked.