Service Check Timeout

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dhineshkumar

Service Check Timeout

Post by dhineshkumar »

Hi.,
I am working on setting the timeout values for VM monitoring. The plugin timeout value is 180 secs. But Service check timeout is 60 sec and oscp is 10secs. Most of the times I'm seeing error in Nagios.log for OSCP Timeout. I like to understand how the service check time is calculated. I'm using eventhandler and oscp. So my understanding is
service timeout= plugin execution time + eventhandler time + oscp time.

Is this correct.!?

Thanks.
rkennedy

Re: Service Check Timeout

Post by rkennedy »

Not necessarily, the components all work individually which separates the timeouts.

Can you show us the exact error message you're seeing in the nagios.log file? This will help us figure out what issue you're facing exactly.
Former Nagios Employee
dhineshkumar

Post by dhineshkumar »

The following error is observed in Nagios logs.

[1464072031] wproc: OCSP job 163920 from worker Core Worker 21176 timed out after 120.03s
[1464072031] wproc: early_timeout=1; exited_ok=0; wait_status=0; error_code=62;
[1464072031] Warning: OCSP command 'ocsp_cmd XXXX' for service 'xxx' on host 'YYYYYY' timed out after 0.00 seconds

These errors are coming in bunch. NDO2DB is implemented to store the Nagios data in MySQL. I am trying to fetch details from MySQL through ocsp_cmd to send the data to event aggregator.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Can you post the configuration for this service check that is timing out?
For the most part, whatever has the shortest timeout wins.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!