No access to the Nagios through the browser

Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Includes Nagios Core, Plugins, and NCPA

Re: No access to the Nagios through the browser

Postby hamrad » Tue May 24, 2016 10:22 am

Yes, they are still in the /tmp directory. Yes, I already made a twice all operations what you wrote: the result is same...
As you can see, this plugin is not here... It might be worth try another plug-ins build?..
hamrad

Postby hsmith » Tue May 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Can you see if this page that @box293 wrote helps you? http://www.box293.com/guides/installing-net-snmp
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
hsmith
Agent Smith

Postby Box293 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Yes, net-snmp needs to be installed first, once you've done that re-compile and install nagios-plugins.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Box293
Too Basu

Postby hamrad » Wed May 25, 2016 3:49 am

hsmith, Box293, comrades, Thank You Very Much! :D
I did not think that the minimal CentOS distribution will be so "castrated" ... Yes, after installing net-snmp by Box293's manual and reinstalling the nagios-plugins - check_snmp plugin appeared in the plugins directory, and a survey of services began to work correctly.
That is, it appears that installation of Net-SNMP by yum install net-snmp is insufficient... Well, I'll write it to my manual for installing! :)

So, once again I want to thank everyone who has given me here useful and correct advices! As wise people say: You live - and learn :)
hamrad

Postby mcapra » Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 am

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue! Is it ok if we lock this thread and mark it as resolved?
Former Nagios employee
http://www.mcapra.com/
mcapra

Postby hamrad » Thu May 26, 2016 1:27 am

mcapra, Yes, of course, issue is resolved! :) Now I try to install Nagvis, but that's another story... :? Once again - thank you all! :)
hamrad

Previous

Return to Community Support