Can We Write Our Own Script In Nagios Core??

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mohsin2011

Can We Write Our Own Script In Nagios Core??

Post by mohsin2011 »

Hi,

is it possible that we can write our own script in nagios core?? if it is possible then can any one please tell me in detail that how would we do it ? any link ... guide line or example would be appreciable ...

Thanks in Advance!
jsmurphy

Re: Can We Write Our Own Script In Nagios Core??

Post by jsmurphy »

That really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your script... Are you trying to write a custom check? Extract data from nagios to make reports?
mohsin2011

Post by mohsin2011 »

Thanks for your reply yes i wanna design custom plugin ? how do we write our own plugin and how to get data from nagios for doing any work or to embed any custom design plugin for doing any work first how to design my plugin ??? any related link example would be helpful

Regards !
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Take a look at this, the plugins are fairly simple once you understand the format:
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/devel ... lines.html
mohsin2011

Post by mohsin2011 »

Thanks for your reply ... . your post helped me can you please tell me any link which can tells me in brief that how to install and check service of any plugin available for Nagios Core in detail?
Then i will go ahead for its plugin development any more quit easy link regarding development :(

Hopes to hear from you soon ..

Thanks in Advance !