Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hiasen

Post by hiasen »

I am trying to install nagios-3.3.1 onto a fedora 15 system. after following the fedora quickguide to the letter, with the exception of running the ./configure command with '
--enable-embedded-perl --with-perlcache' options as well as what is on the guide, i recieve this message:

Whoops!
Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors.
Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status data errors.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and running Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at http://www.nagios.org.

after receiving this message i ran 'nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg' and received not errors.
i also looked for the log file and there was not one located at '/usr/local/nagios/var/' which is where my nagios.cfg file says it will be located.
any help will be appreciated and muc thanks in advanced!