DNX Server issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mke.wolfman

DNX Server issue

Post by mke.wolfman »

Hey all... I've seen my issue all over google but no answers.

After I compiled DNX on Nagios 3 (centos 5.7), and I restart nagios, I get this in the logs:

[1319540402] Error: Function nebmodule_init() in module '/usr/local/nagios/lib/dnxPlugin.so' returned an error. Module will be unloaded.
[1319540402] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/lib/dnxPlugin.so' deinitialized successfully.

Any help would be appreciated.
mguthrie

Re: DNX Server issue

Post by mguthrie »

Yikes, that one is a bit low-level. You might want to try the nagios users mailing list on source-forge, or otherwise the nagios irc channel on freenode. They might be able to answer that question better than we can.
crfriend

Re: DNX Server issue

Post by crfriend »

mke.wolfman wrote:[1319540402] Error: Function nebmodule_init() in module '/usr/local/nagios/lib/dnxPlugin.so' returned an error. Module will be unloaded.
[1319540402] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/lib/dnxPlugin.so' deinitialized successfully.
Ouch. The only way out of this one will be to "use the source" and find out precisely what can cause the nebmodule_init() function to throw an error. With luck, the source will be well-writen and well-commented.

A quick look at the initalisation for dnx-0.19.4 has that function in dnxNebMain.c and looks like it can throw an error if DNX cannot initialise the configuration (Is the config file correct and present?) of if the module has a problem registering its callbacks.

If there's a log file that contains a startup message for DNX then the config is probably OK. If you've got the startup message in the log and a "PROCESS_DATA event registration failed" message the callback registration failed.