problem running check_mssql script

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kaplan71

problem running check_mssql script

Post by kaplan71 »

Hi there --

I completed the installation of Nagios 3.3.1 onto an OpenSuSE 11.3 64-bit distribution. I am trying to run the check_mssql script, but whenever I do so the following error message appears on-screen:
UNKNOWN: MSSQL support is not installed on this server.
Prior to running the script, I went through the motions of installing the packages:
php5-devel 5.3.3-0.21.1
php5-odbc 5.3.3-0.21.1
I also installed the freetds 0.91 release. The freetds install was not from package, but from source code due to it not being available as a package.

What other step(s) do I need to take in order to get the check_mssql script to run on the system?
mguthrie

Re: problem running check_mssql script

Post by mguthrie »

Not sure about SuSe, but on RHEL/CentOS you need php-mssql and php-pdo as well for that plugin.
kaplan71

Re: problem running check_mssql script

Post by kaplan71 »

Hi there --

I have made some progress with the script. I decided to start from the beginning, and I did an installation of an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit distribution. After the initial installation, I was able to install the php-sybase package, which took care of getting mssql support made available on the server.

The script can be run, but I had a question concerning the username and password options: Should the aforementioned options be the database user account, the local administrator account, or something else? Thanks.