check_openmanage

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
teknoratti

check_openmanage

Post by teknoratti »

does anyone have any experience configuring the check_openmanage plugin ?

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... ge/details

I'm having a little trouble grasping the usage manual on the website.

I created a openmanage.cfg which the manual doesn't specify creating but I figured that's what I needed to do b/c the manual wanted you to specify hosts, services, hostgroups, etc.

The define command section in the manual states to define the command as follows:

# Openmanage check via SNMP
define command {
command_name check_openmanage
command_line /path/to/check_openmanage -H $HOSTADDRESS$

But when I run a nagios -v check I get the following output:

Warning: Duplicate definition found for command 'check_openmanage' (config file '/etc/nagios/objects/openmanage.cfg', starting on line 54)
Error: Could not add object property in file '/etc/nagios/objects/openmanage.cfg' on line 55.
Error processing object config files!

Also, could anyone explain the check_openmanage.conf file ? I'm not sure how it plays into the overall performance.

Also, the only thing that shows up in nagios is the basic OSMA example it gives on the manual which displays the logical / physcial drives, etc.

How anytime I try to add more commands in my openmanage.cfg file it states the service is not defined anywhere:

Error: Service check command 'check_openmanage -s -H 10.100.1.16 -e --htmlinfo us' specified in service 'info' for host 'server01' not defined anywhere!

If more info needed please let me know.
teknoratti

Re: check_openmanage

Post by teknoratti »

Figured out the problem with the duplicate command.

inside the commands.cfg file there was a line referencing check_openmanage which I had to comment out. Nagios was looking at the check_openmanage command both in the openmanage.cfg file AND in the commands.cfg. They were conflicting because it was the same command.

Problem solved with the first half.