Nagiosgraph: JavaScript is disabled. nagiosgraph.js is not

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
drq883

Re: Nagiosgraph: JavaScript is disabled. nagiosgraph.js is n

Post by drq883 »

I know I'm really late to this forum thread, but wanted to add a post describing what I did instead of adjusting the perfdata variables.

The problem I have with renaming all my perfdata to use correct characters in variable names is that it will create new filenames (that is the whole idea here). But with new filenames I would lose all the historical data. If I did keep the old files around for historical data, the warning would still print.

So, looking at the code in nagiosgraph/ngshared.pm, I saw that the message was only printed if this was satisfied:

Code: Select all

if (! $Config{hidejswarnings}) {
So I just set hidejswarnings to 1 in nagiosgraph.conf and the warnings were gone. I don't lose any historical data this way.

I'll play around with renaming the rrd file and fixing the perfdata at the same time (hard with 1000s of rrd files) to see if I can make it work.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Nagiosgraph: JavaScript is disabled. nagiosgraph.js is n

Post by npolovenko »

@drq883, Thank you for sharing your solution with the forum! I'm sure someone in the future will find it useful.
Let me know if you have any questions for us.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.