REPLY URGENT ? How Monitor Service Data Come From ??

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mohsin2011

REPLY URGENT ? How Monitor Service Data Come From ??

Post by mohsin2011 »

Hi,

Please let me know how do we get data from the service monitor by nagios? means where does it save the data for the service it monitors... as i add any ip for monitoring its services and then i add its oracle service to monitor and when i go to
Host Group-->Grid-->it shows the ip i have added for monitoring service then i click its oracle service
then i click View Availability Report it gives me brief report for oracle service but i can filter this report by Report Period(24 hours,this week ,last week etc) it shows me report accordingly ...
Where does it gets data for oracle service ??? where it stores that data ???

i know that it has two files status.dat and retention.dat under Var folder but show the status but i can not map its info from the report it generates and if report shows week report then where is that data come from ??

Hopes for your suggestions ...

Thanks in Advance
raggmopp

Re: REPLY URGENT ? How Monitor Service Data Come From ??

Post by raggmopp »

Depending on your install you could have a perfdata.log file as well. The perfdata will store information about the check, the time of check, the results, any output for performance stats, any actions taken (i.e., alert sent out).

Look under the $NAGIOS/log directory see if you have a perfdata.log file