SNMP TRAP

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ns@esprinet.com

SNMP TRAP

Post by ns@esprinet.com »

Hi,

i try to configure Nagios for receive trap from an HP ILO.
I have converted the MIB and configured the plugin and i see in /var/log/snmptt/snmptt.log the traps with correct description but on Nagios web interface the snmp service shows OK: TRAP RESET (like the attachment) in the status information.

what can i do to intercept traps that i see in snmptt.log?

thanks
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
tgriep
Madmin

Re: SNMP TRAP

Post by tgriep »

Can you post your Nagios SNMP Traps config file and also the /etc/snmp/snmptt.conf and /etc/snmp/snmptt.ini file as well so we can view them?
If the Service name doesn't match up, the nagios daemon will not receive the trap and we need those files.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

TRAP RESET indicates that your SNMP Trap service has freshness enabled. When freshness is enabled, after x amount of time it uses check_dummy to submit a OK check result of TRAP RESET (which clears the previous trap information received).

Disable freshness for the service and restart nagios. Then send a test trap and let us know if it appears. Also please send the info that @tgriep requested.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
ns@esprinet.com

Post by ns@esprinet.com »

sorry but there was an uncofigured object under Admin --> Unconfigured Objects

now it works fine.

thanks for support :D
avandemore

Post by avandemore »

Good to hear your issue is resolved. I'm closing this thread. If you have further issues, please open a new one.
Previous Nagios employee