Help ^^^ check_nt: Could not parse arguments

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rbradan

Help ^^^ check_nt: Could not parse arguments

Post by rbradan »

Hello,

I'm newbie in nagios and want to learn and continues experiment the usage of it. and one of my first step is to monitor Windows server using NSClient++. at this time i have problem checking Windows client using check_nt add-ons. using the command usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H 192.168.8.10 I'ved got an error message check_nt: Could not parse arguments, please help what this means, and how to fix it to monitor Windows server.

Thanks,
Raf
jsmurphy

Re: Help ^^^ check_nt: Could not parse arguments

Post by jsmurphy »

It means either your command definitions or your check definitions are incorrect... are you able to post your check_nt command definition and the failing service entry?
Speeddymon

Re: Help ^^^ check_nt: Could not parse arguments

Post by Speeddymon »

Right off, I can see a couple of things wrong with your command definition:

"usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H 192.168.8.10"

You're missing the / on the front, should be "/usr" rather than just "usr". Also, you have to specify what to check in the host. If you run "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H 192.168.8.10" from the command line, it gives you a usage statement meaning you need to also pass the -v flag/

For me:

Code: Select all

# nagios/libexec/check_nt -H 192.0.2.128
Could not parse arguments
Usage: check_nt -H host -v variable [-p port] [-w warning] [-c critical] [-l params] [-d SHOWALL] [-t timeout]
Example, if you wanted to check nt memory usage:

Code: Select all

command[check_nt_mem]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H 192.0.2.128 -v MEMUSE -w 50 -c 90
# -v MEMUSE # for memory usage
# -w 50 # warn at 50%
# -c 90 # critical at 90%