Multiple Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
orani

Multiple Nagios

Post by orani »

I have installed nagios server at some separate sites. Non of them are connected to each other but all of them have access to the internet.

More specific:

Site A: Nagios server A that monitors local network devices and servers
Site B: Nagios server B that monitors local network devices and servers
Site C: Nagios server C that monitors local network devices and servers
Site X: Nagios server X that monitors local network devices and servers

I can access the web interface of each one from anywhere by using VPN access.

I wonder if there is a way to build a Nagios server (to another site - Site Z) that will have no hosts configured but it will get and display all of the informations from the Nagios servers from other sites (Site A to Site X
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Multiple Nagios

Post by Box293 »

As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
orani

Post by orani »

That was very helpfull. Is there any one who did this and made it work?
bwallace

Post by bwallace »

I can say mod_gearman is the most deployed of those choices. I want to note that we have another product called Nagios Fusion that was created just for these scenarios, although it is not free. You can try it free for 60 days though:
https://www.nagios.com/products/nagios-fusion/#benefits
Be sure to check out the Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
orani

Post by orani »

About mod_gearman solution i found on the net that many people use it but still i couldnt configure it as it should so it does not work yet for me.

About Nagios Fusion its a very good solution but paid, so i dont know yet if the company can afford or agree with this.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

There is another mod_gearman video on our YouTube, but it is from one of our former trainers, so I don't know if you will find it as relevant for an "in the wild" example, but the speaker in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJjEtn3bmPc is from Verisign.

There are also several other videos from other channels on gearman, some of which you will likely see on the right in the "Up next" pane on YouTube.
Last edited by dwhitfield on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the bit about the other channels
orani

Post by orani »

let me tell an example so i can be more specific..

I am from greece so i will use local areas.

Example:
We have the following offices:

1. Athens office which are monitored by athens-nagios-server ( the server is at the office building)
2. Thesaloniki office which are monitored by thesaloniki-nagios-server ( the server is at the office building)
3. Kriti office which are monitored by kriti-nagios-server ( the server is at the office building)

and i have somewhere else for example at ioannina my office.

There i have a server running centos 6.

What i shuld install at this server?

Nagios and then thruk?
only thruk?
What configuration should i change at local servers (1,2,3)??
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

The options previously discussed are going to be the way to go. For distributed checking, mod_gearman. If you're just after a view for your different machines, then Fusion is what you're after.

What further questions do yo have, and what are you looking to accomplish at this point?
Former Nagios Employee
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

If you want to give Fusion a shot, we can help you set it up: https://www.nagios.com/services/quickst ... os-fusion/

If you want to read through some documentation first, you can find it at https://library.nagios.com/library/prod ... mentation/.

You can demo the software at http://nagiosfusion.demos.nagios.com/

Fusion is not the only way to do this, but we've already given you some options. Did you watch the two videos we gave you?

I did a brief search to see if I could find any resources in Greek, but I could not. Of course, my search term "mod_gearman" is not in Greek characters, so I am sure that hurt my search.
orani

Post by orani »

The manager finaly (thanks god) agreed to use the fusion solution so i will set the demo up first for some time and then we will buy the product to use it.

Thank you all