Monitoring Watchguard Firebox 200

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ThinkFast86

Monitoring Watchguard Firebox 200

Post by ThinkFast86 »

Dear All,
Could you please inform me if there is any plugin for monitoring Watchguard Firebox M200? I have already enabled the snmp from the device with new policy and i am looking if there are any services available for this device.
Thank you.
Last edited by dwhitfield on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: marking with green check mark
rkennedy

Re: Monitoring Watchguard Firebox 200

Post by rkennedy »

Take a look at our Exchange to see if any of the plugins will work for you - https://exchange.nagios.org
Former Nagios Employee
ThinkFast86

Post by ThinkFast86 »

I can't find something useful from this link. I would like to monitor the interfaces which is up or down, bandwidth per interface and cpu memory usage. I think that i have to do it with specific oid through check_snmp but i cannot find these lists from Watchguard. Thank you for your help, if you have any suggestions to help me would be appreciated.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Are you using Nagios Core or Nagios XI? The reason I ask, is XI has a built in Wizard specifically for a Watchguard device. (using SNMP) https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... _Usage.pdf

It looks like the wizard is just using check_snmp_generic.pl. For CPU, it's polling the OID '1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.3.78.0'

You could try polling your device with a snmpwalk such as this to see if it's possible to get the information - snmpwalk -c public -v 2c 1.3.6.1.4.1.3097.6.3.78.0/icode] - does that come back successfully?
Former Nagios Employee
ThinkFast86

Post by ThinkFast86 »

I am using the Nagios Core. I have already found the specific oid for monitoring cpu usage and if the ports is up or down, but still i cannot find something for monitoring the traffic per interface. I installed the report manager from watchguard manager. As i can see from the oids that i found i can't monitoring the traffic per interface and i'd like to inform me if there is any plugin from Nagios Core for that reason.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

There should be a few OID's / MIB's that count up to the amount of interfaces you have. could you post the full output of a snmpwalk? With that we should be able to identify what they are.
Former Nagios Employee
ThinkFast86

Post by ThinkFast86 »

Thank you for your message and the help. Finally i installed the report dimension management for Watchguard and it is ok. From Nagios core i have already enabled services: cpu usage, if the interface is up or down, processes and connection and i am ok.
avandemore

Post by avandemore »

Moving to General > Core
Previous Nagios employee
nozlaf

Post by nozlaf »

ThinkFast86 wrote: As i can see from the oids that i found i can't monitoring the traffic per interface and i'd like to inform me if there is any plugin from Nagios Core for that reason.

you could just use the plugin that is included in the xi wizard...

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... rd/details
Looking forward to seeing you all at #NagiosCon2019?
-Dedicated Lover of Nconf,PNP4Nagios and Nagvis
avandemore

Post by avandemore »

Core plugins with work with XI. XI plugins only work with XI.

@ThinkFast86 Are we good to close this thread?
Previous Nagios employee