Customizing Notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
justin

Customizing Notifications

Post by justin »

We would like to see detailed documentation about customizing the default notifications that are configured for all new users. We would like to customize the default notifications prior to adding the users to the system. Furthermore, we would like to avoid manually adjusting each users notification messages after they are already created.

Previously, these notifications were simple commands like under the core configuration and then under the individual user. Now, it appears that you remove the command(s) from the user and rely on something else?

Thank you,
Justin
tonyyarusso

Re: Customizing Notifications

Post by tonyyarusso »

Yeah, how notifications for users are doing is a bit more complicated now - if the user is set to use one template they'll be set with the Core style, and with the other template they'll be set within XI through the interface and database. You're quite right that this needs better explanation (I don't entirely grasp all of it myself yet).
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
jwalters

Post by jwalters »

Any updates on this? For whatever reason I have never had notifications working and I've had my server running since December 2009! It was always one of those things that I'll get around to fixing and now I'm ready to attack but would appreciate some documentation for the same reasons the original poster stated. :)
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

There were other posts about configuring the "Default users settings" I think it all has to do with the masquerading feature(upper right by user-name).

It would be nice if one could configure multiple default user settings(Sales, Support, Admin, Shipping, ect).