ssl handshake error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: ssl handshake error

Post by dwhitfield »

baber wrote: But i am so confused
So are we. We've not seen anyone else with the issues you are having. It's possible something happened in the initial server setup that didn't actually matter until now, but piecing that together could take some time.
Is your means use check_by_ssh instead of check_nrpe for monitor this server?
I think at this point you should consider it. We do support NRPE, and can continue this thread looking at your NRPE issue, but it's a waste of *your* time to keep beating your head against it, *if* check_by_ssh will work for you. You might try check_by_ssh and if you have issues just go back to trying to figuring out NRPE, but if check_by_ssh works on the first try for you, you are going to save yourself some time. Plus, it's more secure.
baber

Post by baber »

dwhitfield wrote:
baber wrote: But i am so confused
So are we. We've not seen anyone else with the issues you are having. It's possible something happened in the initial server setup that didn't actually matter until now, but piecing that together could take some time.
Is your means use check_by_ssh instead of check_nrpe for monitor this server?
I think at this point you should consider it. We do support NRPE, and can continue this thread looking at your NRPE issue, but it's a waste of *your* time to keep beating your head against it, *if* check_by_ssh will work for you. You might try check_by_ssh and if you have issues just go back to trying to figuring out NRPE, but if check_by_ssh works on the first try for you, you are going to save yourself some time. Plus, it's more secure.
So thanks

Can i monitor all of these with check_by_ssh ?

Cpu usage
Disk space for all file systems such as (/, usr , tmp , swap , /var)
Uptime
Ssh
Memory usage
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

You'll need to figure out the exact parameters you want but -C, --command='COMMAND STRING' should let you run whatever you want.

Full man page for check_by_ssh available at http://nagios-plugins.org/doc/man/check_by_ssh.html

If you run into issues with check_by_ssh that you want to work through, I'd suggest opening up a new thread so that people don't get confused between that and the NRPE issue.