Monitoring MySQL

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Cristhian_Plaza

Monitoring MySQL

Post by Cristhian_Plaza »

Hi, me again I don't want bother a lot but I'm almost new with Nagios and there are a lot of things that I don't understand, I want to monitor MySQL and I installed this plugin, https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... rs/details (check_mysql_counters), the plugin's introduction is amazing I really find it useful, but the answer I got from it is, (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(check_mysql_counters_55, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory, I don't know what is the problem, if I did a wrong install or if it's talking about another kind of error. Anyway, I want to monitor MySQL and I don't find the best thing of do it. I need help.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Monitoring MySQL

Post by dwhitfield »

Since we do not write that plugin, our support of it will be limited.

That plugin probably does work with 4.x, but it is not listed as such. You can find a list of MySQL plugins tested against 4.x at https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... hR/1/15107

What exactly are you trying to check? That will help us direct you to the correct plugin. Also, I should mention that there is a MySQL wizard built in to Nagios XI.

Lastly, what version of Core are you using, and on what OS/version are you running it? That will help us determine where you should install plugins and which commands you should be using. Thanks!
jasonholtzapple

Post by jasonholtzapple »

The error message makes me think the plugin might not be installed correctly. I haven't tried the plugin with Nagios 4, but it should work. There is a large amount of performance data returned, so you will not be able to use it with NRPE - you need to contact the database directly from your Nagios monitoring host.
Cristhian_Plaza

dwhitfield wrote:Since we do not write that plugin, our support of it will be limited.

That plugin probably does work with 4.x, but it is not listed as such. You can find a list of MySQL plugins tested against 4.x at https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... hR/1/15107

What exactly are you trying to check? That will help us direct you to the correct plugin. Also, I should mention that there is a MySQL wizard built in to Nagios XI.

Lastly, what version of Core are you using, and on what OS/version are you running it? That will help us determine where you should install plugins and which commands you should be using. Thanks!
What I want to monitor?. All that could be possible, maybe number of connections, capacity of the server, number of queries, number of tables, number of errors, I don't know, I'm not an expert on databases but the idea is can control an application from Nagios, Now which version of Core am I using?, I am using Nagios Core 4.2.0 on a Red Hat 7 on AWS.
Cristhian_Plaza

jasonholtzapple wrote:The error message makes me think the plugin might not be installed correctly. I haven't tried the plugin with Nagios 4, but it should work. There is a large amount of performance data returned, so you will not be able to use it with NRPE - you need to contact the database directly from your Nagios monitoring host.
Yes I am calling it directly. I'm not using NRPE.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Can you post your /etc/httpd/conf.d/pnp4nagios.conf? Thanks!

Thanks for jumping in @jasonholtzapple!
Cristhian_Plaza

dwhitfield wrote:Can you post your /etc/httpd/conf.d/pnp4nagios.conf? Thanks!

Thanks for jumping in @jasonholtzapple!

Code: Select all

# SAMPLE CONFIG SNIPPETS FOR APACHE WEB SERVER

Alias /pnp4nagios "/usr/local/pnp4nagios/share"

<Directory "/usr/local/pnp4nagios/share">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        #
        # Use the same value as defined in nagios.conf
        #
        AuthName "Nagios Access"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
        Require valid-user
        <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                # Turn on URL rewriting
                RewriteEngine On
                Options FollowSymLinks
                # Installation directory
                RewriteBase /pnp4nagios/
                # Protect application and system files from being viewed
                RewriteRule ^(application|modules|system) - [F,L]
                # Allow any files or directories that exist to be displayed directly
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                # Rewrite all other URLs to index.php/URL
                RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]
        </IfModule>
</Directory>
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Is this set up on your production server, the test server, or a different server? Is the setup the same as when you were having the SNMP issue?
avandemore

Post by avandemore »

Please show the full command and output as it relates to your error. Example:

Code: Select all

[root@avandemore-centos7 etc]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 192.168.3.156
I (0.4.4.19 2015-12-08) seem to be doing fine...
Previous Nagios employee
Cristhian_Plaza

dwhitfield wrote:Is this set up on your production server, the test server, or a different server? Is the setup the same as when you were having the SNMP issue?
Yes the problem is with my production server. Jajjajaaj when solved a problem another one appear.