NRDP passive checks

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rcuart

NRDP passive checks

Post by rcuart »

Hi,

I've defined some passive checks to test my monitoring system and i use the default send_nrdp.php from the client side of nrdp.
The point is that when i submit a passive check result from the web interface, it works! but when i send the checks from the remote host using the following command doesn't work.

Code: Select all

./send_nrdp.php --url=http://myipaddress/nrdp --token=mycustomtoken --host=remote_host --service=PassiveCheck01 --status=0 --output="Everything works well" 
I've checked the nagios.log file and does not show anything about receiving the checks, although in the apache access.log appears every check i send.
Also, the

/usr/local/nagios/var/spool/checkresults
adds a new "randomname".ok file.

Does anyone know why is this happening?
I'm thinking about trying another way to send the remote check result, but i still have to look for an alternative.

Thanks in advance.
rcuart.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: NRDP passive checks

Post by dwhitfield »

Can you post the output of tail -50 /var/log/messages? Also, since it's Friday and you might work on this over the weekend, I'll give you https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ptions.pdf. Even though it's for XI, much of it is relevant.

Also, what version of Core are you running? Was it compiled from source or installed from repos? What OS/version are you running on the server and the client?

Lastly, what version of NRDP are you using?
rcuart

Post by rcuart »

Hey dwhitfield,

First of all, I'm running nagios Core 4.2.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTE, with the 1.2 version of NRDP. All of them installed from source.
Secondly, the output you are asking for:
The file or directory doesn't exist
If you want the output of the syslog, nothing appears about the messages I'm sending from the remote host.

Thanks!
rcuart

Post by rcuart »

In addition,

I want to say that "randomname".ok files are created in /nagios/var/spool/checkresult with
www-data nagios
permissions.
Is it wrong? I think it should be
nagios nagios
. Could this be the reason of Nagios not updating the passive_check state?

Thanks in advance.
avandemore

Post by avandemore »

rcuart wrote:The point is that when i submit a passive check result from the web interface, it works! but when i send the checks from the remote host using the following command doesn't work.

./send_nrdp.php --url=http://myipaddress/nrdp --token=mycustomtoken --host=remote_host --service=PassiveCheck01 --status=0 --output="Everything works well" 
Please show the FULL output of this command.
Previous Nagios employee