Installing Nagios on Solaris 10

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ganesh123

Installing Nagios on Solaris 10

Post by ganesh123 »

Hi,
Can someone help me how to install nagios on solaris 10, am about to start but not got proper documentation for "installing nagios on solaris x86 box"

Thanks in advance..
crfriend

Re: Installing Nagios on Solaris 10

Post by crfriend »

ganesh123 wrote:Can someone help me how to install nagios on solaris 10, am about to start but not got proper documentation for "installing nagios on solaris x86 box"
Compiling from scratch on Solaris 10 is fairly straightforward so long as one has all the dependencies in place. At a minimum you will need Boutell's "GD" libraries (for producing and rendering visuals); I would also recommend getting the "fping" "replacement" for the standard "ping" utility.

On Solaris 10 (and likely most non-Linux builds) there is a problem during the make that will yell about "../common/snprintf.o not found". This can be easily resolved by getting into the ${build_directory}/common directory and doing a "gcc -c snprintf.c" command.

It's worth noting that if you're building from source, it makes little difference what platform you're building for. The "./configure" script is quite good in this regard and will usually tell you if you're missing something -- and will do so with meningful commentary.