Installing Nagios on Ubuntu Server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ajackson

Installing Nagios on Ubuntu Server

Post by ajackson »

Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum and i want to ask how to install Nagios on Ubuntu Server because once the installation is complete it shows up the following message:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
Thank you in advance!
aston

Re: Installing Nagios on Ubuntu Server

Post by aston »

Hi

when i intially installed nagios a few weeks ago on a fedora server i followed some instructions i found online and had the same issue with not having much linux knowledge i found the offical guides and everything was up and running in possibly half an hour

sorry this may be the guide you used but i found the offical guide really helpful

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ ... buntu.html

im sure someone else will be along soon there is probably a log you can post

i beleive this is the main log for nagios located for me at /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log but this maybe differant for a ubuntu install.

hope that helps
SDohmen

Post by SDohmen »

Did you use aptitude to install nagios on your ubuntu machine? Same for the fedora install (yum i believe).

We use debian machines for nagios and i just do apt-get install nagios and i am done. All the rest is being done automatically.
aston

Post by aston »

wish i knew that before pulling my hair out with fedora haha :D