Sporadic 'Connection refused' errors in 4.2.4

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Sporadic 'Connection refused' errors in 4.2.4

Post by dwhitfield »

More-or-less first thing this morning the main Core dev looked at your logs and said it looked like a network issue. Basically, the smtp service goes connection refused and then the host check changes status shortly after.

I didn't respond immediately thinking someone else might respond with better news than what I plan to present. Using things like tcpdump and Wireshark are probably the next step, but we aren't really set up for trouble-shooting network issues.

There are two other things I can suggest if you want to continue working on this:
1. Set up a test environment where you control the entire network and see if you can replicate the issue.
2. You think this is about forking off processes. Perhaps you could provide some detail on why you think that.
kernow5000

Post by kernow5000 »

Ok, thanks for your help. I guess you're right and that is the best route.

Thanks everyone for your assistance!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Sorry it took so long to come to a non-resolution. Do you mind if we go ahead and lock this up?
kernow5000

Post by kernow5000 »

Sure, it'll just cause more pain if we don't :)