Sporadic 'Connection refused' errors in 4.2.4

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: Sporadic 'Connection refused' errors in 4.2.4

Postby dwhitfield » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:21 pm

More-or-less first thing this morning the main Core dev looked at your logs and said it looked like a network issue. Basically, the smtp service goes connection refused and then the host check changes status shortly after.

I didn't respond immediately thinking someone else might respond with better news than what I plan to present. Using things like tcpdump and Wireshark are probably the next step, but we aren't really set up for trouble-shooting network issues.

There are two other things I can suggest if you want to continue working on this:
1. Set up a test environment where you control the entire network and see if you can replicate the issue.
2. You think this is about forking off processes. Perhaps you could provide some detail on why you think that.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Postby kernow5000 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 am

Ok, thanks for your help. I guess you're right and that is the best route.

Thanks everyone for your assistance!
kernow5000

Postby dwhitfield » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:07 am

Sorry it took so long to come to a non-resolution. Do you mind if we go ahead and lock this up?
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Postby kernow5000 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 am

Sure, it'll just cause more pain if we don't :)
kernow5000

Previous

Return to Nagios Core