alias quicksearch broken after upgrade to 4.2.4

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
stibo_midr

alias quicksearch broken after upgrade to 4.2.4

Post by stibo_midr »

hi all,
I've a nagios installation running that I upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.2.4 and after upgrading I am no longer able to search for host aliases, which worked without problem before the upgrade. no configuration has changed and I have verified that cgi.cfg has setting "navbar_search_for_aliases=1".
When entering anything in the navbar that does not match a host entry I get error: "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested..."
entering a host name or wildcard search that matches one or more hosts gives the expected result without error.

I also did a fresh install with default configuration and get the same result here. any idea on how to debug on this or what could be wrong?

best regards
Mirco
rkennedy

Re: alias quicksearch broken after upgrade to 4.2.4

Post by rkennedy »

Can you please run ps -ef | grep nagios.cfg and also post your nagios.cfg for us to look at? A host / service definition as an example might be needed as well.

Also, what OS / version are you installing on? I'll try to replicate it on my end by spinning up a new machine to test with.
Former Nagios Employee