Real Time Graphics - HTML5 and GAUGES

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Real Time Graphics - HTML5 and GAUGES

Post by dwhitfield »

I apologize for the confusion. I mentioned that that link might give you some ideas, but it was suggested to me that I might be sending you down a hopeless path, since that code was last updated in 2009. It appears that what you are looking to do could once be done, but we have not tested this third party code. It looks like the developer of ndo2db grapher can be reached at contact@simia.fr if you want to go that route. As I mentioned, I can help you get your ndoutils working in their normal function, but I won't be able to help with the grapher.

I suggested NCPA because I think our supported tools will get you closer to what you want. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide the path you want to take, but please keep in mind that whichever path you take will require you to do some development.

Please let me know if you want to get NDOUtils working in their normal function. I didn't want to waste your time if that was ultimately the path you did not want to take.
Cristhian_Plaza

Post by Cristhian_Plaza »

dwhitfield wrote:I apologize for the confusion. I mentioned that that link might give you some ideas, but it was suggested to me that I might be sending you down a hopeless path, since that code was last updated in 2009. It appears that what you are looking to do could once be done, but we have not tested this third party code. It looks like the developer of ndo2db grapher can be reached at contact@simia.fr if you want to go that route. As I mentioned, I can help you get your ndoutils working in their normal function, but I won't be able to help with the grapher.

I suggested NCPA because I think our supported tools will get you closer to what you want. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide the path you want to take, but please keep in mind that whichever path you take will require you to do some development.

Please let me know if you want to get NDOUtils working in their normal function. I didn't want to waste your time if that was ultimately the path you did not want to take.

Ok thanks for the help and patient, I would like explore this way, so I need that NDOUtils works well, pls help me with that.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Is the owner of /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg root? If so, change it to nagios, and let us know if that fixed the issue.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I noticed mention of real-time options in NSClient in https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 999#bottom . While NSClient is mostly used for Windows, it can also be used in Linux. Unlike NDOUtils, NSClient is a third-party application.