Statusmap reference

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
t_verhoef

Statusmap reference

Post by t_verhoef »

I have my host 2d coordinates based upon the coordinates world charts (open streetview, google) like 2d_coord 52.379024, 4.900300
However, nagios takes 0,0 as left top corner works it's way to the richt bottom side. The real map has left bottom as origin and right top as endpoint. And of course there is scaling.
The map does not start at o,0 but at 50.691455, 2.800183 and ends with 53.698339, 7.222536

Is there a way to tie these references to the map ?
Or alternatively, can i define a formule for the 2d_coord value in the host definition and write/define the function that does the conversion for me ?

Thanks for any sugesstions/solutions
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Statusmap reference

Post by dwhitfield »

What version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use.

Also, when you click on the menu in the upper right, do you have "User Supplied" selected as your Layout method? If not, what are you using? Thanks!
Attachments
maps.PNG
t_verhoef

Post by t_verhoef »

Hi,
I use :
* Debian server with nagios core Version 4.2.3 compiled from source
* Debian server with nagios core Version 3.5.1 installed from packages (apt)

As you show in you screenshot, the 4.2.3 version offers to supply coordinates. But murphy is here..... the customer i try to supply with a functional map based on user coordinates is running the 3.5.1 version. The user coord map works, but all devices are plotted incorrect due to the incorrect offset
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

The easiest and most supported thing for you to do is to upgrade to 4.2.4 (4.2.5 should be out soon if you want to wait). However
4.2.4 - 2016-12-07
------------------
SECURITY FIXES
* Fixed another root privilege escalation (CVE-2016-9566) Thanks for bringing this
to our attention go to Dawid Golunski (http://legalhackers.com).
Mixing source and apt is not a good idea, so you'll need to uninstall their 3.5.1 if you go down the route of upgrading.

Alternatively, you can modify the code yourself (it's GPL), but our devs don't work in bugs in old versions.
t_verhoef

Post by t_verhoef »

I run both versions but not on the same server. They are on two different machines
(however upgrading is not a bad idea)
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

t_verhoef wrote:I run both versions but not on the same server. They are on two different machines
(however upgrading is not a bad idea)
I understand that. What I'm saying is to get the changes you want you need to upgrade the 3.5.1 system or modify the code yourself. Any later updates will override your modifications, although we don't plan any changes to the 3.x series, so I guess that isn't really a concern.

We aren't set up to help you modify the code on old versions, but we can certainly leave this open for community input if someone wants to help modify the 3.5.1 system.

And, just for clarity, you are getting the functionality you want on the 4.2.3 system, correct?