nagios core to be installed on windows machine

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
april14507

nagios core to be installed on windows machine

Post by april14507 »

I just installed nagios core 32bit windows on windows 7 machine. It is supposed to be beta version. But where can I find configuration files and settings? I would appreciate it very much if someone can guide me to access configuration directory.

We used to have nagios 3.x to be configured on linux box. Now we want to switch nagios to Windows. Is there anyway that I can use those configuration files including hosts.cfg, contacts.cfg, nagios.cfg, services.cfg, etc...?

Please advise! thank you very much!
tmcdonald

Re: nagios core to be installed on windows machine

Post by tmcdonald »

We do not maintain any Windows version of Nagios Core. If you are referring to NagWin then you will need to seek their assistance on their forums. That being said, if NagWin uses a mostly-unmodified Core under the hood, then the configs should work just fine.
Former Nagios employee
april14507

Post by april14507 »

But it is one of nagios product: https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/D ... er/details.
Am I right?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Technically yes, but it has not been maintained since 2010 and never made it out of beta. I believe the link is kept public for historical purposes - I would not consider that stable or supported anymore. I'll see about updating the description to mention this. And while we are not able to provide support for NagWin, they seem to be fairly active in their development and that will likely be a much more stable route going forward.
Former Nagios employee