noheader messes up displayed statuses on nagios core 4.24

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
moerke

noheader messes up displayed statuses on nagios core 4.24

Post by moerke »

Hello,

I recently upgraded from nagios core 3x to the latest nagios core 4.24.

My nagios link used to be:

nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&servicestatustypes=28&hoststatustypes=15&serviceprops=40&noheader=yes&sorttype=1&sortoption=6

This, however does not work as expected on nagios 4.24 - instead of showing only unknown, critical and warning, it shows ok statuses as well which is not acceptable with 1000+ hosts to monitor.

When I lose the noheader option (tried both with noheader=true/false and noheader all by itself), it works as expected, although with a header - which I do not want.

nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&servicestatustypes=28&hoststatustypes=15&serviceprops=40&sorttype=1&sortoption=6

Is there a different way to hide the header on nagios core 4.24 without experiencing the above?

Thanks for any info.

Regards
moerke

Re: noheader messes up displayed statuses on nagios core 4.2

Post by moerke »

Hello,

Well, I resolved it myself by commenting out the header parts in Nagios' css files, so this issue is no longer relavant.

Thanks.

Regards
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner, busy Monday! I can't say I have used the noheader parameter directly myself - would you say this is a bug or at least unexpected behavior? If so I can file it on GitHub for our developer to look into.
Former Nagios employee
moerke

Post by moerke »

Hello,

Yes, I would say I found it to be a bug/unexpected behavior. As stated this option worked perfectly with Nagios 3.X and then it doesn't work with the latest Nagios Core with whatever servicestatustypes/hoststatustypes parameters I've tried. It hides the header but it essentially lists information
for all services (ok, critical, unknown, etc).

Regards.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

So that we can replicate and file appropriately, did you have any themes installed? Any browser plugins such as Greasemonkey that could change the default layout?
moerke

Post by moerke »

Hello,

I confirm that I tried this on a fresh nagios installation with no additional plugins or theme changes.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I have created https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... issues/320

You can follow the bug process and add detail there. I am closing the thread.